Did you know how easy spaghetti squash is too cook? No? Okay good.. because I didn’t either. To be honest, I cooked one a handful of years ago and it didn’t turn out (seriously, I think I just didn’t cook it long enough) so I basically just wrote it off all together. Fast forward many years, to just a few months back when I was at my friend’s house and I had the most delicious spaghetti squash ever and decided I needed to give this thing another go.
Okay, so it took me some time to finally try it again, but I am SO glad I did. Not only was this method crazy easy, but the end result is so freaking tasty. I used this particular squash to make a crazy delicious side dish that I will be sharing with you soon, but I swear I could have eaten the whole thing straight out of the oven.
I believe the keys to success here are roasting the squash cut side down and resting it once it’s done cooking. Or, maybe I just had a bad squash the first time and I missed out on years of deliciousness since then.. whatever it was I am glad I figured it out and I am happy to share this simple recipe with you! And just in time for all your fall cooking, what delicious things do you have planned this fall?
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash
The easiest way to cook spaghetti squash! Eat it straight out of the oven or try subbing it out for pasta in your favorite dish.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash (2-3 pounds)
- 2 Tablespoons Oil (olive, avocado or your favorite)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375º F.
- Wash your squash then cut in half length wise using a sharp knife.
- Gently scrape seeds out.
- Drizzle with oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place squash, cut side down, onto cookie sheet or baking dish and roast in preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork (35-45 minutes).
- Remove from oven and allow squash to rest for about 10 minutes, until cool enough to handle.
- Gently thread squash using a fork and reseason with salt and pepper if necessary. Serve immediately or use in your favorite recipe.