Greece has always been at the tip top of my travel bucket list. From the beautiful beaches to the colorful buildings it has always been a place I have wanted to explore. Not to mention all the delicious fresh food and people sitting around drinking wine all day, those are MY kind of people. I’m pretty sure they would love me just as much as I would love them, so it’s a dream I can’t wait to come to fruition. But, since we aren’t all there today, we can dream with this Mediterranean Chickpea Salad (which would go great with a glass of white wine, just sayin’).
This healthy dish comes together quick and easy and holds up well to several days in the refrigerator which makes it great for parties or lunches during the week. So much can be inspired by our travel dreams, so what’s at the top of your travel bucket list?Print
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine chickpeas, black beans, cherry tomatoes and red onions in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients to make dressing. Pour prepared dressing over bean mixture, tossing to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately or place in air tight container and refrigerate.
Source: See Brooke Cook Original