Summer is finally here! Wait… what? Summer is almost… over? Where did it go guys?? It seems next to impossible that summer is coming to a close and before we know it we will be putting 2017 in the books. Let’s slow down for just a minute though and squeeze these last few long summer nights out of the following months.. let’s also squeeze in these Easy Grilled Peaches with Balsamic Glaze as much as humanly possible.
Let’s also get as much fresh produce, like these beautiful palisade peaches, in our bellies while there is still time. There are several things I love about this dessert (I mean, just look at it), besides being obviously delicious and beautiful it would be impossible for this to be any easier. And if you’re about to argue and say something like, “but Brooke, I have to make a balsamic reduction?!” you don’t, just go buy one, it will be fine I promise.
So there. Plus to take it to the next level, simply top these warm peaches with some if your favorite ice cream, fro yo, or dairy alternative frozen treat (did I cover them all??) and a little of this granola that you will remember from a few weeks ago and you won’t believe your mouth. So good. It’s like the easiest, most delicious peach crisp you’ve ever had! Besides making these, how are you guys closing out your summer??
Easy Grilled Peaches with Balsamic Glaze
These easy grilled peaches are sure to please! Top with ice cream and granola for a delicious spin on peach crisp!
- Balsamic vinegar
- Peaches (1/2-1 whole peach per person)
- Maple syrup (~1/4 teaspoon per half)
- Start by making the balsamic glaze: heat balsamic vinegar in a small pan over medium high heat until simmering. Reduce heat to medium low and continue simmering until glaze easily coats a spoon (~5 minutes). Remove from heat and pour into small dish, set aside until needed.
- For the peaches: begin by gently washing fresh peaches and cutting in half to remove pit. Drizzle a small amount of maple syrup onto the cut side of the peaches then sprinkle with cinnamon. Heat your grill, grill pan or pan to medium heat and place peaches cut side down onto preheated surface.
- Close grill or loosely cover pan and cook peaches until they begin to brown and soften (~10 minutes).
- When soft, serve peaches immediately. Top with ice cream and this amazing granola if desire (trust me, it’s desired).