Taking a look at my blog feed, it’s not hard to tell I’ve been eating a LOT of sweet potatoes lately. It’s becoming increasingly difficult to not get addicted to them, they are nutritionally sound and if you get creative you can do so much with them. Take this recipe for example, I knew it was a winner by the smell while they were in the oven, so what started out as a side dish quickly became something I ended up eating straight from the pan instead of finishing dinner. What can I say, the heart wants what it wants.
So let’s talk about this recipe for just a minute. You start with some thinly sliced sweet potatoes, add a few savoy ingredients, stack them in a cupcake pan, then throw it in the oven and take out a dish you would swear you could only find in a great restaurant. I’m telling you, if you are looking for something easy to impress your guests (or just yourself), you have found what you are looking for! So go on with your bad cook self, impress yo’self!
Rosemary Garlic Parmesan Sweet Potato Stacks
An easy sweet and savory side dish that compliments any meal!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- 5 large sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon oil (avocado or melted coconut)
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tablespoons parmesan (or parm-reggiano), shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Spray 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Whisk together butter, oil, rosemary and minced garlic.
- In a large mixing bowl toss thinly sliced sweet potatoes with butter mixture to evenly coat. Add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with cheese, tossing again to mix.
- Layer potatoes in prepared muffin pan filling slightly over the top as they will shrink down.
- Bake in preheated oven for ~50 minutes or until edges and tops are golden brown and centers are tender.
- When done, remove from oven and let cool for approximately 5 minutes before carefully removing from pan with a spoon.
- Top with additional cheese and rosemary if desired, serve immediately.
Source: See Brooke Cook Original
Summertimme and the cookin's easyyy.. okay so it's still not quite summer, but I'm prepping hard over here. To me summertime includes tons of outdoor activities that can go late into the evening which means I'm looking for something quick, healthy and satisfying to...read more
This Watermelon Blueberry Feta Mint Salad is a complex twist on sweet and savory, it’s as refreshing as it is interesting!read more
The BEST Gluten Free Banana Breadread more
This Asian inspired cucumber salad will be the prefect addition to your summer menu as a side dish or even a light lunch!read more
Add this Piña Colada Chicken to your arsenal of healthy, delicious and quick recipes! Bonus, it’s gluten free and paleo!read more
As tapas, a side dish or at snack time.. these bacon & balsamic shaved brussels sprouts are sure to please!read more
Brunch is made equally easy and delicious with these Cheesy Bacon & Thyme Breakfast Gritsread more