The holidays are quickly approaching, and that can really only mean one thing.. FOOD! I mean, time with loved ones.. or something. But just in case the food is something that interests you a little, I have an amazing and easy recipe to add to your holiday table, these Garlic & Thyme Brown Butter Carrots with Honey. The subtle combination of brown butter, thyme and garlic is sweetened just a bit with honey in a knock out flavor combination that will win over the pickiest vegetable eaters and have everyone running back for seconds. So besides the food, er I mean family, what are you looking forward to this holiday season?
Garlic & Thyme Brown Butter Carrots with Honey
Put a new spin on a classic side dish with these easy, tasty brown butter carrots.
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 425º F.
- In a cast iron or other oven safe skillet cook butter on medium heat until it begins to foam and turns golden brown. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant (~ 30 seconds).
- Add carrots and gently toss to coat with butter. Add honey and thyme then season with salt and pepper to taste, stirring to combine.
- Place pan in preheated oven and roast until carrots are tender, ~15-20 minutes. Serve immediately or keep warm until ready to serve.
Source: Rasa Malaysia