I love snacks, like I regularly make meals out of foods that most consider to be “snack food” and I’m not sorry about it even a little bit. In particular, I’m a dip-a-holic.. guac, salsa, any type of hummus you can dream up, I’m in! We all already know how I feel about pesto (which is, I love it) and I’ve shared one of my favorite hummus recipes with you so when I found myself with an abundance of basil I thought it was time to combine the two into this Easy Basil Pesto Hummus. I love this recipe for several reasons.. one, it’s snack food! But also, the pesto flavor isn’t so overwhelming that you forget it’s hummus and the texture is dreamy smooth so it goes great on anything. This would even be amazing smeared on a sandwich, and now all I can think about is why I didn’t think of that sooner.. like before I devoured all it. Oh well, sounds like a great reason to make some more!
Easy Basil Pesto Hummus
Combine two classic flavors into one amazing, easy dip!
- 1 can (~15 oz) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 3 Tablespoons oil (avocado, olive or your favorite)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In the bowl of your food processor or in a high speed blender, lightly pulse garbanzo beans, tahini, oil, and lemon juice until starting to become smooth.
- Add garlic, parmesan, basil, salt and pepper and blend until smooth, adding more oil or a bit of water until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Source: See Brooke Cook Original