On top of being easy, this dessert happens to be one of my favorite flavor combinations.. dark chocolate and orange, c’mon, we can’t go wrong here. Just look…
Told ya. So the whole thing takes maybe 7 minutes to put together, the key here is advanced planning as these will have to set up for 4 hours+ in the refrigerator to be ready. But if you think about it, that really makes it a prefect dessert to serve to guests because you can have it totally prepared and just waiting to impress in the fridge. And trust me when I say this is an impressive dessert worthy of guests, but easy enough to make on a Tuesday if you’re just craving something sweet.
Dark Chocolate Orange Mousse
This dark chocolate orange mousse is as easy to make as it is delicious to eat!
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon pure orange extract
- 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
- Fresh orange zest, for topping (optional)
- Place chocolate chips, sugar and sea salt in blender.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring milk to just a simmer then pour it into the blender; let stand 1 minute.
- Blend mixture on medium-high speed 1 minute until smooth. Add egg whites and orange extract and again blend on medium-high speed 1 minute until smooth and well combined.
- Pour mixture into 4 small serving cups or glasses and chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, beat heavy cream in stand mixer or with a hand beater on high until stiff peaks form. Serve fresh whipped cream over mousse and top with fresh orange zest and additional sea salt if desired.
Source: KitchenAid Blog