Fast, easy and delicious is what fits the bill these days. While I truly love pouring myself into an extravagant dish, these day, ain’t nobody got time for that! That’s why I was so excited (and hesitant) about this Super Easy Pad Thai. I love some pad thai, but I only ever made it one other time and it took a bunch of crazy ingredients and way too much time and I assumed that’s what it took to get an awesome pad thai. I was wrong. This recipe is ridiculously easy and even more tasty, I threw in some chicken I had already prepped by simply poaching it, and boom, dinner. Enjoy!
Super Easy Pad Thai
- 7 ounces pad Thai noodles (rice noodles)
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce (or tahini)
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 heaping Tablespoon peanut butter, microwaved until just melted
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup cilantro
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Cooked meat of your choice, optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Remove from heat and add the noodles, let sit roughly 10 minutes, or until soft. Drain and rinse under cool water.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Crack the eggs and scramble until set, 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, fish sauce, Sriracha lime juice, canola oil, brown sugar, and peanut butter whisking until combined.
- Back in the large skillet, combine the noodles, Thai dressing, bean sprouts, scrambled eggs, cilantro, scallions and meet if using. Toss until combined and serve garnished with peanuts.